Skip to main content

EFB Advertising

The Electoral Finance Bill officially comes into force today. I know this because the Electoral Commission is advertising in the DomPost, letting me know about more laws that the government may choose to enforce if they don't like the cut of my (ahem) glib.

As I read the advertisement, my undemocratic thought for the day was this:

Will the Electoral Commission find it necessary to spend more than $120,000 in an election year (and the same can be said of any Government Department) to properly inform us of the new laws? If so, why is it assumed special interest groups will find a maximum of $120,000 sufficient to inform voters of another point of view?

Update: How about one million dollars?

Comments

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.