Skip to main content

John Key and wife on the cover of the Aussie Women's Weekly


Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but when I saw the above magazine when I was waiting at the checkout at Woolworths yesterday, I thought to myself the picture of the Keys was chosen to elicit a specific response from women. And that response was not the one that I had, which was to think to myself that John Key is being made into some sort of Jamie Fraser character (many NZ women will know who Jamie is).

The image didn't work on me because I tend to notice body language rather than what the body language is supposed to convey.

I don't know, just having John Key running the country should be enough. Trying to let himself be made into someone NZ women swoon over is just too much.

Comments

  1. Lets look at the good points.

    Firstly, our previous PM couldnt have done a photo like that.

    Secondly it reminds me of that famous movie Leonardo movie. I am sure if we could have seen the entire picture these two are actually embracing on the bow of the Titanic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the Australian Women's Weekly.

    I'm not sure about the significance of that, but I'm sure it does have significance... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ozy,

    You're right. Our previous PM attempted a picture like that soon after she was first married. It was on the steps of Parliament, and it was truly scary. Seriously, truly scary. It's seared into my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...our previous PM couldnt have done a photo like that.

    Didn't have a wife, for one thing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's only a rumour PM :-)

    (Can I call you PM when discussing Helen?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Politicians are not only corrupt they are corny and shallow.

    Gross book cover, but suiting to Key, and his “round-about” celebrity coverage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.