Skip to main content

Everybody Hurts

For every-one out there tonight feeling some hurt. Hang in there.

Here's a great track by R.E.M, aimed at teenagers but I think there is something there for all ages. Being a Led Zep fan, it's worth noting the string arrangement was written by John Paul Jones.

I was reminded of this song when I was musing on what might make great alternate super powers for today's world, and the ability to take away emotional pain with a touch would be fairly awesome. Of course, we all have that power to some extent anyway, it's called love.

So back for a moment on my comment on alternate super powers.
I meant thinking up super powers that don't fall into the traditional categories such as "Super Strength", "Flying" and "Spidey Sense". In this instance, I've thought of a super power and then realised there is a way to achieve it. I wonder how the rest will go? I'll cover that in my next post. For now, enter a dream state and listen to R.E.M. And if you have a hurt, I hope this lessens it for you, no matter who you are or what you have done.



And some deeper words to reflect upon:



And to complete the trinity, here's a fairly decent rendition of one of my favourite religious songs. The best, truly most awesome version of this song I have ever heard is from a local parish singer (I think her name is Elizabeth) with the voice of an angel, who occasionally sung this song during communion. I've moved out of the parish so I haven't heard it for some time now, but I digress. Again, for those out there in need of healing, heal!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.