Skip to main content

Friday night free for all

After downloading version 4 of FireFox, I'm finding my internet experience over the last few days a little disorienting. You see, I'm one of these messy desk type people, which then translates into being a messy screen person too. I wouldn't be able to do my normal multi-tasking, doing 10 things at once thing with a tidy screen. So I can have 20 or so tabs open at once, and I will flip between them as I do stuff. But the new FireFox has moved the tabs right up to the title bar. I'm having a little trouble coping with this. Having stuff in the title bar, even if it increases screen real estate is quite frankly, just wrong. I can't tell what I have open. I think it's because whatever tabs are not active are greyed, or maybe it's because they are out of the normal zone or something. Obviously, I just have to give it time and I'll get used to it. Not sure how much time, however.

So apart from that, I was at first bemused, but now am seriously disturbed by the metaphorical pitchforks and burning torches that have come out over the book about to be published by Ian Wishart on the story of the Kahui twins as related by their mother. Apparently, she's had death threats and is quite scared. How far away are we in NZ from a lynch mob coming for her? Hopefully everyone will come to their senses soon, even those who have made threats of death. I'm going to pray for her tonight, and I hope others will as well.

How is every one else? Don't be shy, you only have to say hello in the comments, if that's all you can do. I especially want to hear from any one who has been reading this blog for a long time, yet has never commented.

Comments

  1. Evening All.

    Maximum temperature today 23 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adolf, that sounds almost tropical. I've only got my kitchen to 23C, and that's with the heat pump and another heater on (also the gas fire in another room). Let's not talk about the rooms that are just about icy that have their doors closed for now ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all;

    Guess who's in trouble tonight?

    Me, I forgot to get cat food and so it is those nasty crunchy things i.e. cat biscuits for tea.

    You should see the disdain that this has been met with and the contempt being showered upon me for daring to serve up such rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning!
    Maximum today, 18c!
    And it's summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrei, oh no, I know what cats are like when it comes to their food! In our household, it's getting the right kind of crunchy things that's important, and yes, there is this kind of distain that eminates if the raw meat at the appointed time isn't cut up and given over. They don't get it every night, but they sort of expect it.

    Hi FFM, as long as the sun is out, it can't be too bad. Presumably it warms up as the day goes on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit, even the locals are remarking upon it. Seems a tad unseasonal. The warmists haven't cottoned on yet.

    I see Andrew Bolt has dubbed Al Gore 'The Human Car Alarm.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adolf, LOL, the human car alarm! That's pretty good.

    I've just worked out how to turn on those annoying tabs on top. In desperation after accidentally yet again activating a drop down menu (courtesy of my computer) because my mouse was in that area for too long, I searched for the options file menu and found a check box for tabs on top which I unchecked! And they've moved back to their normal place. It just feels so much better. Now I just have to see if I can get rid of the grey tabs ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed where I said I got my kitchen to 23C above, that should have been 20C. And I don't feel warm unless the little fan heater is aimed right at me as it is now. Oh look, the thermometre now says 21C!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faye, if you can't control yourself, your comments will be deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Lucia Maria, the sun is out and it is quite pleasant.
    Is Andrei in the doghouse?
    With a cat like this, it might be appropriate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back in the good book Fairfacts - went out and bought some Ox liver.

    Was rewarded by being presented with a dead blackbird, nicely dismembered and laid out for me on the living room rug in front of the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm using Chrome browser now, and I think I like it better than Firefox (I think FF stole the tab-in-title bar thing from chrome anyway - in fact Chrome tabs are aligned with the open/close/maximise buttons).

    All the tabs are independent, that means if one tab crashes, the others are still fine. Scott McCloud has done a comicbook explaining how it all works (actually very easy to read), HERE

    I will try the new FF at some stage though, just to test :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.